Sunday 15 July 2012

Party Time

I love October Afternoon papers.  They have such a nice vintage feel to them and the papers are a great weight.  Even though I have enough patterned paper to keep me scrapping forever I couldn't resist adding a sheet of Sugar Stix from the Cakewalk collection into my latest basket from A Trip Down Memory Lane (okay and some letter stickers to go with it).

I had in mind that I wanted to scrap a photo I'd recently found which was taken at my 8th Birthday Party.  I wanted to use the star part of the paper but I didn't want to use the whole sheet of the paper and that was really all I knew I wanted to do with it.  So it sat like this on my desk for a few days:


It was just too square and I didn't really know what I was going to do with it.  Luckily Ann Freeman came to my rescue with this post on the ATDML blog which I spotted as I was uploading my final cyber crop projects.  I love what she had done with the paper and decided that was what I was going to do with my sheet.  I've added some other October Afternoon chipboard bits which I had left from another project and I'm much happier with the page now.  



Thanks Ann for the inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment